Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Going along just fine!

Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love. ~Mildred B. Vermont

Family Circus

Can I get an AMEN from you other Mommies out there?!


All is going well this way! This Friday will mark 34 weeks, and, thanks to my mom for watching them, Jon will be able to go with me to the appointment/sono without having the boys along! We'll let you all know how that goes. I am still feeling pretty well - just your typical lower back pain, starting to waddle, having to get up to pee at night, occasional shortness of breath, a few Braxton-Hicks here and there... but overall, not too shabby! LOL! I mean, I am still able to get out and about with my boys, so I am not complaining. On those lines, the boys and I are still taking our morning walks, but they are not daily any more, much to their dismay. I am just getting scared walking alone with them in the Texas heat on the days that I am feeling questionable (and having some Braxton-Hicks) this far along. BUT, with it not getting dark until around 9:00 or so, we have been able to all get out and about as a family in the evenings, which is even more fun! After dinner, we will typically either go for a walk in the wagon or play in the back yard. It's great because Jon pulls the heavy boys in the wagon, and I head back if I am starting to cramp up or anything - which means the boys get a longer walk in (they love being outdoors) AND I get some quiet, ALONE time back at the house!! (It's the little things!)




Jacob is now walking circles around me, and really having fun chasing Abby around the house. (I'll have to get some pictures of that. It's funny, but a little sad too - poor Abby!) His balance is great considering it took him so long to finally get up and go. Caleb, on the other hand, still doens't want to walk solo. He loves pushing his push toys and holding our hands, but refuses to even put pressure on his legs when we let go. According to Jon and I, ECI, our doctor, and several books on strong-willed children, it seems that Caleb is just stubborn and very strong willed. (Hmmm... stubborn? Strong willed? Sounds like Caleb takes after both Momma and Da-da! We're lucky we only have this problem with ONE of our children... thus far...) If we don't try to make him stand up or walk, he will take little baby steps, but as soon as we acknowledge him or merely say "good job," he collapses. He does that with a lot of things (such as eating) as well... the little toot! The sum of it all - we have to just keep being patient that our little "Cay-Cay" will walk when he's dang good and ready.

Anyway, have to get some much needed rest for now, but I will update more on Friday!

1 comment:

Chris said...

HA! I can just hear Caleb thinking/saying, Mom/Dad, I will walk when I'M ready and not one minute sooner.......LOL.......