Wednesday, July 30, 2008

37 Week Appointment!

Today I am actually 36 weeks and 5 days, but we had the 37 week appointment. All still looks great. This pregnancy has been boringly uneventful, which we'll take! (Blood pressure still holding in there at 100/60!)

Before I give the update from Dr. White, I have to step back and give the Baby Gabe Poll results:

58% of you guys think that little Gabe will weight in between 7 and 8 pounds; 36% think that he'll weight between 8 and 9 pounds; and 6% think that our "little chunk" will be over 9 pounds!

OK...

And 47% of you guys think that little Gabe will make his big arrival into the world on August 18th; 26% think that he'll come between August 15th and 18th; and 26% he'll be arriving VERY soon - before August 15th!

That all being said, Dr. White agrees with the majority for his arrival date of August 18th. He sees no reason at this point why I should not make it.

HOWEVER... if the majority wins for his weight, then Gabe will have to arrive SOON! I didn't have a sonogram, but by feeling on my tummy, he thinks that Gabe is 7 1/2 - 8 pounds RIGHT NOW! Seriously, if you touch my tummy, you can tell that it is truly "all baby." From the top to the bottom and left to right - Gabe is taking up every bit of the space in my tummy.

I didn't ask Dr. White how much he thinks that Gabe will be at birth, however if he stays in "cooking" for another 19 days, then he will for sure be over 8 pounds! Am I looking at having a 9 pound PLUS baby? If so, doesn't bother me a bit, as it's still better than carrying 15 pounds of baby along with TWO "bags of fluid," etc. Besides, he's "cutting me open" to take Gabe out, so he can be 12 pounds as far as I care. ;-)

Can't ask for anything better so far!

1 comment:

Andria said...

That's a GREAT way to look at it.. at this point, he's big and healthy, and since he's not going to surprise you with a grand entrance on his own (hopefully) I'm sure your Dr. will take him when he feels he's good and ready. Let those lungs develop and the chunkyness build up! LOL.

I hope you find your recovery much easier that with the twins! It should be!