Tuesday, July 22, 2008

36 Weeks - * YIKES! *

We are now officially to the "less than one month" countdown!

I had my 36 week appointment this morning and all is still going well. For those of you who know about my history of HELLP Syndrome, my blood pressure was 100/52 today and there was no protein at all in my urine - as well as zero swelling in my legs (which is quite amazing for any one in this Texas heat, let alone a pregger chick!). This is way uneventful when compared to the twins' pregnancy! In the back of my mind, I keep waiting on something to happen since every appointment was so dramatic with Jacob and Caleb, but it looks like all is just going to be smooth sailing.

* Well... mostly smooth sailing... *

I like to have to demeanor that I've "got it all together," but lately I feel like I am losing it. I am having some HIGH anxiety about Gabe coming and how Jacob and Caleb will be affected by the addition to our family. Will they regress after Gabe arrives? Will they have even more meltdowns/tantrums? Will they try to hurt him?! (OK, so not intentionally, but they are having a hard time understanding "gentle" here lately.)

In an attempt to "make it all better," I have been frantically trying to get our house PERFECTLY in order for when Gabe arrives, getting myself into one project after another. I already have ADHD and I think a little OCD, so nesting gets taken over the top - EXTREME in my case. I am flat, worn out, exhausted, but our closets are starting to look pretty good. ;-) Oh, and I am trying to work on cooking a lot of meals that can be frozen now so that we will actually eat more than Chick-fil-a (much to Jon's dismay) or Subway, without me putting pressure on myself to cook while tending to two toddlers and a newborn.

I guess what it comes down to is I am freaking out a little about having THREE BOYS within 18 months, so I am trying to be as prepared as I can be - like THAT will help when all of the chaos hits! What freaks me out the most is that I have ZERO CONTROL over life right now - and I HATE THAT! (I admit it - I am a MAJOR control freak!)

So there is my brutally honest 36 week update. Overall things truly are going great and I can't complain. We have been blessed with what appears to be another very healthy child. Most of the time the boys and I are staying so busy that I don't think about the upcoming chaos - it's just at night when I STOP, sit down, and get quiet for a minute - then I have time to think. (* ding, ding, ding * There's my problem - I think too much!)

But only 27 days (or less) until Gabe is HERE and then I won't have time to worry anymore. :-)



On happier news, Jon and my "Babymoon" is drawing closer!! More about that to come...

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

cheerin you on woman!!!! wooo hoooo!!!!!

Suzanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kimberly said...

Yea!! Gabe will be here before you know it. You can handle those 3 boys plus the one big guy! ;) You're "SUPERMOMMY"! :D

I'm glad to hear that he's progressing well. I'm back in town. I hope to see you on Saturday at my party. Give me a call when you "sit down to think"... I'll be up! ;)

Joanne said...

We'll be praying for you... but I'm sure you'll do great!