Monday, July 28, 2008

Baby Gabe Poll #2

Wow - I am more shocked by the turn out of the poll than I am the results! As of 9:00 Tuesday morning (less than 24 hours posted), we have had 33 people vote. I didn't realize that I had so many lurkers out there. ;-)

The winner: 61% of you guys think that little Gabe will weight in between 7 and 8 pounds; 33% think that he'll weight between 8 and 9 pounds; and 6% think that our "little chunk" will be over 9 pounds!

Jon and I both were two of the votes who voted for "between 8 and 9 pounds." Our logic is that Jacob and Caleb were born early (yes, GREAT for twins, but still early) at 37 weeks and 4 days and weighed 7 pounds, 12.5 ounces and 7 pounds, 2 ounces respectively. If Gabe stays in place until the c-section date of August 18th, he will be 39 weeks and 3 days - which will mean that he gets to "cook" two weeks longer than the boys! (At this stage of the pregnancy, all he is doing essentially is getting more fat reserves.) Plus there is more room for him to grow in there with there only being one - and that Jacob and Caleb "stretched out" a good home for him!

BUT... the question is... will he actually make it "in Mommy" until the scheduled c-section date of August 18th?!

Here's the scoop as to why Gabe will or will not make it in Mommy until then:

* I am still walking at least a half mile with the boys in the blistering Texas heat every day (which could induce). However, I have yet to have one true contraction while walking (by this point one or two could be expected).

* I carried the twins to 37 weeks and 4 days. Does that mean 37-38 weeks is the time that my body prefers to carry a pregnancy? Do remember, however, I was on bed rest for almost 12 week prior (which is what we think kept the boys "in" that long).

* Do also remember that they didn't take the boys because I went "into labor" - it was due to my sudden blood pressure spike (so, again, I've NEVER had a REAL contraction at all).

* We had a c-section scheduled for February 5th with Jacob and Caleb, however they found a way to make their arrival one day early on February 4th. Will Gabe keep the family tradition and do the same (August 17th)?!



Baby Gabe Poll #2
When will Baby Gabe make his big arrival?
Sometime in July.
Early August - before the 15th.
Between the 15th and the 18th
August 18th
After August 18th.









So let me know what you think! I have my thoughts, but what are yours?!

Also remember to vote in yesterday's poll if you have not already done so: Baby Gabe Poll #1.

And see our Babymoon post from this past weekend.

No comments: