Friday, July 25, 2008

Even more love for the all of boys!

The boys and I went to a Tiny Tots Playgroup yesterday! As many of you know, my Mothers of Multiples group - McMoms - has a playgroup for little ones that I have "headed up" for the last year. At first all of the kiddos didn't participate much, but they have really started to actually play together more and more in the past year. I've also had fun chatting with the other twin Mommies. What a relief to hear some of the same frustrations and day to day challenges of having multiples!

So, anyway, this summer I have really slowed down on planning get-togethers, but one of the girls, Christina, wanted to plan another play date. We got it all set up, and, seeing as every playgroup might be the last time the boys get to see their friends in quite a while with their brother's arrival drawing ever-so-close, we were definitely in!

Well, we arrive to soon find out that everyone else was bringing in food (nobody told me we where having a pot-luck playdate)... and then I see gift bags... and then cake...




SURPRISE!
It looks like this playgroup was a dual purpose get-together!


Unfortunately, the boys were NOT having too good of a day. I am not sure what the deal was! But nonetheless, I was a little embarrassed that my babies were the ones trying to spoil the party! Jacob is getting even more molars in (and he was the one that was especially moody), but teething doesn't usually effect him that badly! Hmmm.... perhaps they were a little jealous that there was a party thrown for Gabe and not the big brothers! hehehe I laugh, but I seriously do think that there might be a little something to that. Both boys have been especially clingy to me. They are smart and do know that something HUGE (yet so tiny) is about to rock their little worlds.



But, anyway, after we went outside and regrouped a little, all went pretty well. They - especially Jacob - were still not their normal happy-go-lucky selves, but they at least kept it together.

Here's a great shot of us temporarily organizing the chaos to get a group picture...



Even though neither Jacob nor Caleb are looking at the camera in this picture, I thought it turned out GREAT! I mean, 13 kids and NOBODY is crying?! We'll take that!



Thank so much to my sweet, sweet friends Christina, Carly, Kelly, Michelle, and Cinnamon!!

Now... I must go pack for the weekend. Yup - the time is HERE! I'll make a post about what all we did after we get back and settled. (Remember: we still be within an hour and a half from our delivering hospital, Baylor Grapevine, just in case!)

1 comment:

Andria said...

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Have fun ..and soak it all in!

Yes, the boys sense something is up! It's that sixth sense! ;)