Wednesday, May 21, 2008

"Walk this way..."

Yes, I am posting not just one but TWO posts in one night. This has GOT to be a record. ;-)

As you know, we are/were starting to get a wee bit concerned about the boys not yet walking at 15.5 months. To be proactive, we had an appointment scheduled with ECI (Early Childhood Intervention) on May 30th. Well, I guess little "Jakey" didn't think that was very necessary. I'll let the video explain:



Until tonight, Jacob had not even yet STOOD on his own (without holding on to something else). Jon and I were sitting on the couch watching the Ranger Game, and I look over to see Jacob stand! I quietly said, "Jon, JON, look NOW..." and about that time Jacob TOOK OFF! So both Mommy and Daddy were there to see it!

He then proceeded to stand, walk a few feet, fall, laugh, stand, walk a little, fall, giggle, etc. for about 30 minutes straight!

As you can see in the video, Caleb is mad that Jacob got so much attention tonight. I made a point to tell him before bedtime how well behaved he was today, how he was "talking big" earlier, and that I am very proud of him - but that's not enough for my little "Cay-Cay," so I have a feeling he'll soon be walking too. A little twin competition is not ALWAYS a bad thing. ;-)

We are going to go ahead and keep the ECI appointment since we have it. Might as well check out their speech while they are here!

WAY TO GO JAKE-JAKE!!

Coming soon:
* I still have tons of Zoo pics accumulating ;-)
* Our over-night family weekend road trip to College Station to watch TWO Aggie baseball games!
* Tomorrow (05-23) I have my 27 week check to see how Baby Gabe is doing and the ever-so-fun CBC and Glucose Tolerance Test - YUM!

No comments: