Thursday, May 15, 2008

New Kids on the Block!!

I am sure all of those other former "Blockheads" out there already knew that NKOTB is getting back together!! But you may not know that they are going to be on the Today Show to kick off their new tour tomorrow morning!!! (I have already Tivo'd it.) Why am I all freakin' giddy about this?!

Here's a few videos that took me back, as I saw this on MSNBC this afternoon.






Being a little hick girl from Azle, Texas, with a MEGA Southern accent that everyone thought was "so cute," I was so intrigued by their cool Boston accents!

OK, let's do a little roll call - I had the hots for Jon, the "older man!" I wonder if I subconsciously fell for MY Jon for this reason... hmmmm... hehehe... ;-) Most everyone else liked Jordan. I know for a FACT that my friend, Bonnie, liked Joey, because we would sit in my room looking at our NKOTB cards all day, probably around the Summer of '88 or so!!

OH, and just a disclaimer to my younger friends and family who don't have a clue as to what I am talking about or who NKOTB are: you WILL look at the Jonas Brothers or WHOEVER else in 2028 and get all excited again and remember how stupid you once were! Let an "old lady" have her moment. hehehe

I could go on... but probably shouldn't, as I have GOT to get my butt back into 2008 and fold some laundry, steam some veggies, make dinner, and pack for this weekend before my crazy little toddlers wake up from their nap!!

ENJOY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go check out Donnie’s good friend Nasri. He was the reason they got back together. He wrote most of ther new songs. You can even hear his voice on the chorus of “summertime” and he sings the second half of “click click click”
Check him @ myspace.com/nasriworld.

Kimberly said...

NKOTB... AH.. the good ol' days! I played the first video and sang along with them. I remembered the moves and the words!! I had a Jordan doll. He was my favorite! :D I think I may even still have that doll somewhere at my parents house.

Oh.. by the way.. Aren't you proud of me? I'm a first time blogger!! :D