Thursday, May 29, 2008

28 Weeks!

Today I was seen by Dr. White - which made this my 28 week appointment! As mentioned in the last post, I was also seen last week, however Dr. White did nothing more than check my hydration and give me Zofran really. There was going to be NO mashing around on the tummy and definitely NO drinking of the super-sweet glucose tolerance drink! (I mean, come on, if I couldn't even keep little sips of water down...?) It's hard to believe that with my last pregnancy, I was already confined to the BED at this stage of the game.

All is looking well! They did my glucose tolerance test, which wasn't too bad. (Except my blood sugar felt "out of wack" all day - way thirsty, groggy, with a slight headache.) They said that they will call me if anything shows up abnormal, which we do not expect. I also got yet another RhoGam shot since I was blessed with being of O negative blood type - the universal donor. (Just how many of those things am I going to have to get anyway?! And, if any of my lovely readers out there work for Carter Blood Care, YES, I do donate when I am NOT pregnant or breastfeeding so don't call me right now!) I am "measuring" to be right around 28 weeks. As of now (it can still change), Gabe is head down, butt to the left of my belly button, and legs and arms squinched up to the right of my belly button. It made total sense to me, as I always feel the most movement on the right side of my belly button, and Jon has not only felt but even seen the ripples of movement on my tummy there! Other than that, not much to report. I go back in two weeks. It's hard to believe that I am not only in my third trimester, but getting oh so close to 30 weeks!

I'll try to get some pics of the growing tummy this weekend.

No comments: