Wednesday, May 21, 2008

My First Night Away From the Boys!

I am a few weeks late in posting this, but April 25 - 27, I had my very first overnight away from my boys. It was sad, but all FOUR of us did well (Jon, Jacob, Caleb, and myself)! Jon handled having the boys solo like a champ, even putting together Gabe's crib while I was gone, which was a nice surprise to come home to! Like I said, this was almost a month ago now, but here was my 23 week pregger tummy during that weekend:



I like that shot. It almost looks as if I am taking Baby Gabe to the Prom or something. hehehe

So where the heck was I? Abilene! Why Abilene, Texas of ALL PLACES to go for my first two nights away you may ask? That was the site of the 2008 Texas Mothers of Multiples Convention! I was one of the 16 ladies representing McMoms (Mid-Cities Mothers of Multiples). Here is a picture of most of our group. An interesting tidbit - between the 15 lovely ladies in this picture, we have 45 children!!



Yes, we were THRILLED to get a group shot in front of Outback in our cool matching shirts. We are Moms of Multiples - we don't get out much!

Here's another picture of our group at the Awards Banquet:



Don't we all clean up nice?!

Lastly, I had some BIG NEWS that Saturday night. As many of you know, I have been doing the McMoms Newsletter and website since June of last year. It was TOUGH doing it with twin babies (I started when they were only 4 months old), but my stubborn self pushed through and did it to the absolute best of my ability. We'll my hard work paid off, as McMoms was awarded First Place Newsletter state-wide in the extra large club category! So, I am no longer practicing as a nurse, but I am "technically" an award-winning editor! hehehe What a fun surprise to a great weekend!



Next year's Convention will be in Arlington (right in our backyard!), so even though I will have a baby who will most likely still be nursing, I can still go again!! (Just probably not stay the night.)

This post is probably a little abrupt and not very "grammar-friendly," but I've been wanted to share my first get-away experience for, well, a month now. ;-)

I have lots more to blog about, and will hopefully get to it in the next couple of days!

1 comment:

Andria said...

Wowwwwweee! Look at you! Congrats on your award. What an accomplishment! And I do say you look stunning with your "prom" date! hee hee. ALL of the moms look dashing!

Way to go!