Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Seastrunks of Oz

First of all, we went to a Halloween Party at my parents' neighborhood... and here's a quick view of the costumes:


LIONS, AND, TIGERS, AND BEARS - - OH MY!!!

I had fun photoshopping this picture to make it just like we were in the set of The Wizard of Oz. There will be more to come, but I'll wait to tie in the ones from Halloween night too.

Our littlest punkin' is already two months!

He had his Check-up appointment on Monday and is:

12 pounds, 3 ounces and 23.5 inches long - which puts him at 75% for both height and weight.


Oh, and he just keeps getting cuter!


He loves his swing!


Smile, Gabe!


alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5259982893796056914" />
Unfortunately, I can't get a great smile picture with him looking at the camera!


Such a sweet, silly little dude!


LOVE the outfit here! Cool shirt and even cooler "shoes" (or as Caleb always calls them, "booohes").

I am a little behind with blogging now, as we had a ROUGH few weeks - including losing my uncle on October 9th and my mom having parathyroid surgery on October 16th.

My uncle Tommy was/is a great, fun-loving man who will be missed by friends and family too numerous to mention. (The funeral was standing room only!) If you think about them, please pray for my aunt, Cindy, and cousins Cody, Tempress (Cody's wife), Tyler (who is a Freshman in College), Kelby (a Freshman in High School), and sweet little Brenley Kye (Cody and Tempress' 13 month old baby girl - Tommy's beloved granddaughter). They need peace and healing right now - and for a long time yet to come.

On a happier note, I know that the ONLY reason the 'Horns pulled out the win this past weekend was that Tommy had a talk with the Big Man to make a MIRACLE! (He was a HUGE Texas Longhorn fan, and we liked given each other a hard time!) I must admit, however, I truly had a hard time pulling against the Longhorn - JUST THIS ONCE - in honor of my Uncle Tommy. BUT, I will NOT admit that to him when we see each other again one day... hehehe

My mom's surgery went GREAT. It will most likely take a few more weeks to get back to herself, but she's overall recovering well. It ended up being a little less invasive than we had thought it could be, but she does still have an incision across her neck. *ouch!*

I think we are back to our normal level of craziness again. LOL!

More to come about Jon and I's date a few weeks back, our trip to College Station, and Halloween!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle passing away and your Mom's surgery. That's a lot to deal with on top of having three boys under the age of two! Thank you so much for your card, by the way. It really meant a lot to me that you took the time and energy to send it. Your words really helped. We had a great day with Elise today. After a morning BG of 316, she didn't go over 205 the rest of the day! So excited, and I'm praying this is just the start of many, many good days. Thanks again for all your prayers.

The costumes are priceless... Love them!

Jade Clark said...

Oh.My.Gosh. Those costumes, the whole ensemble...too much! Love it, you guys look so great!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes. You are so creative.
My husband is glad your uncle put in a good word for the Longhorns.
Gabe is growing so fast. Great job momma. I love those Trumpette socks. I found them for the girls last winter but it was almost spring so they didn't get much wear out of them. I think the ones for boys are cuter. Do you have the cowboy boot ones?

Andria said...

So adorable! Too, too clever! If I only had a brain..lol.

Sorry to hear of the sudden events. I pray and hope that your family can heal after the loss of Uncle Tommy and that your mom recovers soon too.

Little Gabe is so full of spunk and personality. What a cutie! Love this age.