Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're Home!

Sorry for not posting an update as early as I thought we would. We could not get on Baylor's WiFi connection at all the whole time in the hospital!

As Jon posted last night, however, Gabe was born Monday morning at 11:19 am. He was MUCH smaller than any of us had anticipated, at 7 pounds even. (He was even smaller than both of my twins - 7 pounds 2 ounces and 7 pounds 12.5 ounces!!) He was 20.5 inches long. He's tall and skinny, but he very healthy and strong.

All went pretty uneventful with the c-section and recovery afterward. Since we were both rocking along, Gabe and I were released at right at 11:19 this morning - three days to the minute after he was born!

Gabe is a sweet, sweet boy, pretty much sleeping and nursing, only crying when hungry.

Nursing one baby has been pretty easy! My milk did come in with a vengeance, as I only stopped nursing TWO babies about 9 months ago. I am trying not to pump for now (even thought I am FULL), giving my body the "memo" that there is only one little mouth to feed this time. hahaha

Jacob and Caleb are adjusting to the new addition well thus far (of course, we've only been home about 10 hours). They are very curious about having "TWO Bubbas" now, and want to look at and touch Gabe often. We'll really be watching them closely for the time being.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and prayers!

We have lot of pictures posted now, but will be uploading A LOT more tonight. Check out this link late Thursday night or Friday morning!

http://picasaweb.google.com/aggiefrog/GabeIsBorn

Here's a few highlights of the first day:


Nervous Momma ready to go for the c-section




Welcome to the world, Gabriel Elisha!


Jacob and Caleb meeting their "Bubba" for the first time.


Daddy showing the boys little Gabe.


The boys snuggling with Momma!

Lots more pictures to come!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad that everyone is safe and sound and at HOME!! I bet you are ready to get started with life at home with all 3 of the boys. Enjoy what sleep you can get! :D I can't wait to see what other pictures you have. School starts on Wednesday. Pray that all the renovations are completed and we won't have to teach around the construction! Talk to you soon! Give kisses to the boys!

Andria said...

LOVE the pic of the boys meeting their little brother for the first time! Precious! Makes my heart melt. (Sometimes even 4 months later I feel as if those crazy hormones are still with me!)