Monday, August 4, 2008

A 37 week-ish comparison

Here's a picture of the growing tummy/Gabe at 37 weeks and 1 day:



However, here's a picture of me carrying the twins at 36 weeks and 6 days (I missed getting the comparison shots exactly by 2 days, but, hey, that's life!):



Wow - what a difference! I really thought in the last week or so I was getting just as big as when I was carrying Jacob and Caleb, until I saw this:



I mean, seriously, that is some major tummy! Unfortunately, that is the last good tummy picture that I got before the twins were born, as I began to feel even more uncomfortable and therefore less interested in pictures - I was just ready for them to be OUT! (However they did "come out" 5 days later.)



It is amazing to see how much better I look this time overall. It wasn't until after seeing this, I noticed that even my face and overall appearance look so much better. And interestingly enough, although I am not on bed rest, I even look more RESTED and ALERT this time around. (Also in the more recent picture, the boys and I were going to have dinner with some friends rather than me returning back to bed from yet another trip to the potty - a little more exciting!)

More to come later, but overall still feeling pretty good despite all of the 100+ degree days. (Suppose to be 107 today - hopefully Tropical Storm Edouard will not amount to much as far as destruction goes but bring in some cooler weather and much needed rain!) Jacob and Caleb are also doing well. They are being as sweet as ever (MOST of the time)!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Looking good! I am so thankful that when I was pregnant last summer, it was mild. Props to you and all the other preggos I know who are suffering through this crazy heat!