Monday, November 24, 2008

"Lighting the Flame" this Saturday night

I just wanted to let y'all know about a way cool family event going on at my church this weekend. It is called "Lighting the Flame," and it will kick off the Advent Season and start of the Christian calendar.

It will be held Saturday, November 29th from 6:30 - 8:30 pm at Irving Bible Church. The event is designed to prepare us for the celebration of the birth of Christ, using hands-on activities, crafts, music, etc.

Last year the boys were only 9 months, but had a great time "singing," helping Mommy and Daddy make an Advent wreath, having some yummy cranberry bread and sips of apple cider, and petting the animals at the live Nativity scene. I imagine, with them being older and the addition of Gabriel, it will be even more fun!!

If anyone has questions, needs directions, or wants to join my family and I, please let me know! With all the hustle and bustle going on during the Holidays, it's great to stop for an evening, spend time with family, AND reflect on what Christmas is truly about. We are making this a yearly tradition so that our children will grow up knowing that there is so much more behind Christmas than cool toys, cookies, and a fat dude dressed in red. ;-)

ALSO - be sure to check out my other two latest posts:

MercyMe Rickrolls
it and Yoga - a "4 letter word?"'

I haven't blogged much lately, so I just wanted to draw your attention to the other two in case you missed them.

Again, we'd love to have you join us - let me know if we should expect you!

1 comment:

Andria said...

What a great outing that will be! Take lots of pics (if you can) :) Growing up, there was a live nativity scene at the church down the street and I always loved viewing it - although I thought they were crazy for being out there in the cold. As long as it drew people in and the Spirit of Christ was upon us, that's all that mattered. I look forward to yearly traditions with my family as well, except, we can't seem to get into a groove. This year we'll be in Orlando, and well, that WON'T be a tradition!

Happy Holidays!