Sunday, November 23, 2008

MercyMe Rickrolls it!

I saw a video my friend, Michael, posted on facebook that cracked me up! It was MercyMe doing a little improve type ditty of "Take On Me." So... I wandered over to youtube, where I found LOTS of "Cover Tune Grab Bags" that had me rolling!

Jon and I stayed up waaay too late after the boys went down last night watching them all. Some of the bests include:

My favorite - I think (they are ALL so funny so I guess I don't have a favorite) - is when they Rickrolled it to "Never Gonna Give You Up"



And "Hold Me Now" was great! How could they not bust out laughing?!



Also "Ice, Ice, Baby" and "Don't Stop Believin'" were awesome. Oh, and don't miss the dancing in "Jesus Is Still Alright With Me" and the sweet tiger in "Eye of the Tiger!" "It's The End Of The World" was very impressive! I could sit here and list them ALL, but I'll just let you check them out for yourself.

I was way behind on my blogs, but today I saw that my friend Jade (Michael's wife) had posted a blog about it. OH - interestingly enough, it is ALSO on the PowerFM blog (*wink,wink*)

From Jade's blog:
Make sure you check out Bart's dancing in the "Jesus Is Just Alright" video! These are the guys who brought you the gut-wrenching, makes-me-cry-every-time-I-hear-it "I Can Only Imagine"...and then here they are in all their glory... Oh dear.

This will truly go down as "CLASSIC" in my book! See many of them on MercyMe's blog Cover Tune Grab Bag feature or just go to youtube and do a search for MercyMe Cover Tune Grab Bag. Lots will come up!

Hope you get as good of a laugh as me! Which one is your favorite?

1 comment:

Robbins said...

We are on the road to New Mexico so these gave us some good laughs to help with the boredom of the 10 hour drive