Friday, September 19, 2008

Update...

Gabe rocked his one month appointment on Friday! It was just Gabe and I; Jon, Jacob, and Caleb stayed at the house (no reason putting twin toddlers through a boring visit to the doctor if they don't have to be seen, right?). He did really well, but had a major meltdown when he got his Hepatitis B shot. Nurses were peeking their heads in to see if everything was ok and if I needed anything. "Nope - just a few minutes to calm this little guy down before we walk out of here and frighten every child in your waiting room!"

He was 21 1/2 inches long and 9 pounds, 12 ounces. This put him at exactly 50% for height and 50% for weight, which is perfectly average! He is not growing as fast as the twins for some reason (especially Jacob, who was 11 pounds, 2 ounces at his one month appointment), but is very healthy and has zero concerns.

More great news... ECI came out on Thursday to reevaluate Jacob and Caleb since they have really taken off - literally! At 15 months, Caleb was evaluated to be at an 11 month level for motor skills while Jacob was at 12 months. MUCH to our surprise, after this evaluation, they have Caleb at a 20 month level and Jacob at a 25 month level!! That is truly unbelievable to me! I guess they really did know what they were doing all along. *crazy boys!*

I took ALL THREE boys out by MYSELF on Wednesday. It was tough, but I sure felt like Super Momma afterward. We went to our MOPS group at church. The morning was a little crazy! First of all, we had to be out the door by 8:15ish, and the boys don't normally get up until 8:30ish! I had to nurse Gabe while Jacob and Caleb ate breakfast, and since my hands were tied up, my sweet little twin toddlers thought it would be real cute to wear their bowls like hats and wipe mushed up banana on themselves. We finally load up, and the tire pressure light comes on the Odyssey! *errr!* A couple of stops at two different QT's to check tire pressure and attempt to air up the tires later, we're back on the road. I had a sweet friend help me get all three boys into the building once we got there, which was a lifesaver. (Thank you, Michelle, if you are reading this.) I have a mega-stroller that will hold all three boys (we went on a walk in it today - pics to come soon!), however it weighs a TON and I am technically still not suppose to be lifting other than the bare necessities. So we put Jacob and Caleb in the double stroller and left Gabe in his car seat/carrier. I am so glad I survived the morning chaos of getting to MOPS, as it was great to be around other Mommies for a while.

All is still going pretty well. Some days I barely keep my head afloat, but always survive.

Gotta wrap this up, but more pictures to come SOON! Here are a few for now:


Caleb showing his "Abuelo" how well he can play baseball. Notice his facial expression - he has sound effects as he makes contact with the ball.

A few pictures from the park. I didn't plan it beforehand, but their shirts really tie up the park experience!












(Gabe catching a snack!)


Super Daddy taking all three boys for a stroll. (I went along too, so he didn't have to push them like that the whole way!)


Jacob's first chocolate chip cookie!

More to come - hopefully sooner than later...

No comments: