Monday, September 22, 2008

Our "Beast" of a Stroller

I've been wanting to show off one of our most recent big purchases:



The Foundations Quad - 4 Passenger/Dual Canopy Folding Stroller!

Yes, I am now the proud new owner of what many of my buddies with triplets or quads refer to as a "beast!" I now have three kiddos within 18 months of age, and NEED a way to transport them all (and keep them corralled) for more than several feet by myself!

You may be asking yourself at this point, "why does she need a quad stroller - Gabe wasn't really a twin, was he?!" Nope. And, NO, we are NOT pregnant again!! ;-)

We looked a few triple strollers, most of which are tandem - meaning front to back, however this seating arrangement minimizes the leg room for our already long-legged boys. There were a few out there with adequate leg room, however they have to be completely disassembled to store, which makes it hard to toss in the van and go. Our particular quad stroller is similar to the side by side stroller we currently have...



With this design, the two older boys can sit up front, having ample leg room, while Baby Gabe can sit in the back row - AND have an extra seat for Mommy's purse, three sippy cups, some Goldfish, etc, etc.

Jon and I had debated on if we were going to get a bigger stroller with Gabe's arrival, because of the boys getting bigger, etc. BUT, if I want to have the luxury of getting them all out solo, then I really would need it. We went back and forth, then when I ran into it on Craigslist, we jumped on it! (Plus the lady who had it also lives in Keller so we wouldn't have to drive far - was it meant to be or what?!) The seats will hold up to 40 pounds each and recline independently, so we should be able to use it for a while longer.

I have to laugh, as this "beast" has an "innovative SafeBrake System to engage when the parent releases the handle eliminating the risk of a runaway stroller."

Hehehe - runaway stroller... nice image in my head...

There are also huge storage baskets at the bottom of the stroller for when I need to take all three boys along with me to Spouts. (I seriously use our "under stow" for a shopping cart when I have the boys along!)

I like that this stroller also folds up to fit in the back of the Odyssey so I don't have to use a separate trailer (seriously, some of the "beasts" do require a special trailer!) or disassemble each seat prior to storing it.

After getting out the stroller and playing a little, I now see why some of my triplet and quad buddies lovingly refer to their strollers as "the beast." I mean, if we want to be able to have any form of freedom AND keep somewhat of a level of sanity, we gotta have 'em, but WOW. Do I have to again mention the words, "innovative SafeBrake System?!"

So on behalf of Jacob, Caleb, and Gabe: if any of our singleton friends need a ride, we have one extra seat. (Especially if you are a pretty girl between the age of 1 month and 2 years!)





3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Now that's a stroller! The boys seem to like it. I like the comment about the boys having an "extra" seat. That was cute. I wonder if I could use that line? hehehe!

I'll be up in Dallas the first weekend in October for my dad's
60th birthday. Maybe we could get together or something?? Let me know when you get a chance.

Chris said...

Heeheehee -- y'all are just forward-thinking and planning ahead for when you do have that fourth one.....

Andria said...

Love the wheels! You scored! And, I love the whole marketing schpeal in this post... I'd buy the extra seat too for my camera, diaper bag, boys' backpack or whatever is needed within arms reach! LOL. Way to stroll!