Saturday, April 11, 2009

Resurrection Biscuits

We did a really good project with the boys tonight. I love it in that it teaches not only a important Bible lesson, but also cooking and science! (You all know I am quite the multi-tasker!)

We took Grands canned biscuits, and flattened them out until they were about 5 inches across.



We then poured melted butter across each biscuit. This was like the tears pouring down from the eyes of the people who believed that Jesus really was the Son of God.



Then we sprinkled sugar and cinnamon on it. These represent the spices used to anoint Jesus' body before His burial.



Then we all got one large marshmallow to represent Jesus.



It is white because it stands for His purity and His sinless life.

 




We placed the marshmallow in the center of each biscuit, then folded the sides around it forming a "tomb".

 


We then placed them crease side down on a baking sheet, so they will not open while cooking.

I then added more cinnamon and sugar to the outside of the biscuits. This is because sweetest part of the story, is that Jesus died because He loves us, wants us to know Him, and live with Him forever one day.

But at this point, Caleb became VERY upset that I took his biscuit away! I placed them in the oven as another symbol of Christ in the tomb. (They are just sitting their tonight. I'll cook them at 350 for 15 minutes or so before the boys get up tomorrow.) We told him that it was fine to be sad... Jesus' followers were also very sad when the tomb was sealed.

 


That didn't really help matters with our strong willed little Cay-Cay who also happens to LOVE sweets!

 


We distracted him with bath time, which he also really loves. All was well again by bed time. I think he will be excited to see his "tomb" again in the morning.

What do YOU think happens in the rest of the story?! We will find out the good news tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Hagen and Mason said...

I love this idea. Wish I had done it with my boys. I will certainly be doing it next year!!! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

This is perfect to go along with our Resurrection Eggs!

But I WON'T be WAITING until next year! Since the kids "get it" ~ we can do this all year long ~~~ WAHOOOOOOOOOO !!!

THANKS AMBER!!!