Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Salary of a SAHM

Last Spring, Similac came out with a computer program that helped a Mother determine what her payment should be based on how many hours a week she works as a cook, maid, launderer, van driver, etc. (At that point I was nursing TWO hungry boys 100% exclusively 6 times a day EACH, so I was looking for the Milk Cow category as well - but since I couldn't find it, I figure I'd just eat that cost - no pun intended!)

Anyway, come to out find out, I really should be making somewhere around $153,861. I think I need to write a letter to the BBB, as I talked to Jon about my salary increase, but have yet to see a dime of it. I get $5.00 a week, as Jon puts that in through direct deposit to keep my account active. That yearly salary adds up to a whopping $260!! He told me that all he could offer in his budget is room/board, food, and love. So he jokingly tells the boys sometimes to “give Momma a tip – she’s done good today!” And the boys will inevitably shoot me the absolutely most precious little grins.

Trust me, they ARE indeed the most beautiful smiles that any child ever in history has ever had. And I am NOT AT ALL biased…

Since I haven't blogged in SO LONG, I thought I'd go ahead and post a few here. There's really not much to update, but I'll work on one later.

Jacob proud of his artwork

Caleb just happy to be Caleb!


Jacob shooting his famous "cheesy grin!"

And Caleb doing the same!

Jacob having fun with a box of tissues.
(I left the room for just a second to go "potty" and come back to this. I figure the tissue are GONE, so might as well let the boy have a little fun for a while!)

Caleb delirious after staying up past his bedtime to go Caucus with Mommy and Daddy!

Another silly Jacob grin!

And Caleb looking sweet - for once....

Jacob loving his horsey.

And Caleb loving what his Nan brought over to the house.
(No, he had never had them before, so I am not sure if he knew what they were at this point or not... but we did let him have TWO of them shortly after this picture. THAT'S when I should have had the camera out, but I was laughing too hard!)

Jacob playing with his Easter eggs.


And, again, not too sure what Caleb is up to!

Now do you see why I continue working for $5 a week?!

(By the way, there were WAY too many cute smile to choose from in the last month or so!!)

I might try to post a "REAL" update during nap time this afternoon. This was just more fun.


No comments: