Wednesday, April 9, 2008

YES, as a matter of fact, there IS some news to report!!

OK, so maybe I lied on my previous post when I said that there's no big news to report... but do know that it wasn't intentional!!

I had already posted all of this to our family website, McMoms (My Multiple Mommy's Group), and my MOPS group... so I totally forgot to do it here. (Aren't you feelin' the love?!)

I went back to the doctor on March 21.


(The boys went with us.)


(Mommy and Daddy's "self-portrait" while waiting on Dr. White.)

All was looking great with the pregnancy…


(Getting the sonogram to see Baby S!)

AND our beautiful, healthy LITTLE BOY!!

That’s right, folks – I am about to be the Momma of three boys! Baby Boy Seastrunk wasn't at all modest, so we are, according to Dr. White, 99.9999999% sure of it. It looks as if the Seastrunk Boys will take over the Keller Little League in a few years, making up 1/3 of a baseball team when they are in the same age category. We are super excited, and I am really thanking God that I am not a "girly girl" and actually love the outdoors, sports, fishing, etc, as I am sure I'll be getting my fair share over the next several years.

Caleb and Jacob were smiling, laughing, and clapping when we told them that they were getting a little brother. I am not sure if it was because Mommy and Daddy were really excited or if they understand more than we give them credit... either way, it was cute.

We have a few good names picked out but, as we did with the boys, are waiting to "release" THE ONE until we see how each choice rolls off of our tongues for a little while longer. I mean, how could we pick any boys names cooler than Jacob Alan and Caleb Luke?! ;-)

If anyone would like to see the sonogram, the video is below. It's 10 minutes long, so you might want to skim through if you decide to open it.

"Baby Boy Seastrunk" is very healthy and measuring just a few days ahead of schedule - as did the boys every sonogram.

I had a few problems early on, as you already know about if you read my previous posts, but all is going GREAT now. (Thanks for the prayers.) The only time I remember that I am pregnant is when "little guy" moves, when I catch myself REALLLLLY craving things I see in ads and hear on the radio, and at night when I can't sleep on my back or tummy. The second trimester is much easier than a twin pregnancy thus far!!



ALSO (as if that news wasn't big enough), we are now the proud owners of a mini-van - middle age has arrived! It's a 2008 Honda Odyssey in dark cherry pearl. Our growing family just could not fit another car seat into the Rav, but we must say that the minivan is pretty nice.


(Here are the boys enjoying their new ride.)

Also notice in the picture above that Caleb and Jacob are now FORWARD FACING!! Combining two big changes into one, we went ahead and faced them forward in their new ride - and I must say they LOVE IT!!

My only problem with the Odyssey is that Jon didn't follow my instructions. I told him that the only way he would get me to drive a mini-van before the age of 30 is if he had them add a rockin' sound system, spinners on the wheels, and a flame painted on the side. He said that he told them, but they must have messed up the order. hehehe Seriously, Jon did all of the research to pick the best vehicle for our needs and made all of the calls to get the best deal on getting the Rav traded in for the Odyssey. I have to give him MAJOR PROPS here, as he did a WONDERFUL job handling all of that for his family, in attempt to take any stress or worry from Baby S and me. I definitely an grateful for that.

I'll try to post another update in the next few days... famous last words, I know!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

yaaaaaaaaaay! congrats on baby boy #3! that is awesome...and you look GREAT by the way!!! bring on those play dates!!! ;)

Andria said...

Hey Amber! Yep...3 boys is the way to go! Congrats. I'm finally getting to be "functional" after #3. For you, however, it should be a breeze, right? j/k! I look forward to "catching up" with you on your blog. Certainly, I've got too much time on my hands! (pfft).

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.