Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Today's the Day!

Today's the BIG DAY!! Are you as excited as me? (OK, probably not, but just humor me!)

If you live in Texas, today is the last day to vote in the Primary Race. It is a very close race this year - make your vote count!

Just want to remind everyone...

It an awesome PRIVILEGE that we are blessed to have as Americans - PLEASE don't take advantage of it.


If you have questions about any of the candidates or WHERE you go to vote, please email me and I will help you out.


I do have my strong views on "MY" particular candidate, but that's not important. I seriously think that what IS important is that YOU choose the candidate best suited for you and your views for the future of America. Having grown up in an extremely patriotic, political family, I FEEL VERY STRONGLY ABOUT THIS!! (Heck, I am consistently the minority vote in my family - but they still allow me, reluctantly, at family gatherings! hehehe)


Also, to those of you who have already early voted, don't forget that your vote can count twice in the great state Texas!! They are calling it the "Texas Two-Step" (kinda cute). You vote once, and then Caucus. (Show up at your Precinct voting place at/by 7:15 pm, put your name on a list, and your vote does count again!!) Let me know if you have questions about this as well.


Wish Jon and I luck as we take the boys out at 7:00 tonight to Caucus!


I LOVE this video! I think a lot of Texans can relate. I especially relate to the SAHM/Former Teacher/Pastor's Wife in Weatherford (which is very close to where I grew up - a pretty rural, conservative area). Check it out!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your babe on the way. :) My hubby saw your blog listed when he searched for Jon and Amber (because that is what our names are LOL) and I thought I'd pop in to check it out too. :) Love your writing style. :)

Have a great weekend.

Amber
www.monstercookies.ca