Saturday, March 1, 2008

We "Ba-ROCKED the Vote" and Then Had Another Scare

Jacob and Caleb made it through their first election process!
(All of us after casting our ballots)

After Jon got off work Friday, we headed out to Keller Town Hall to early vote in the 2008 Democratic Primary. We made it there at 6:40 - 20 minutes before the polls closed - to see a huge line. This actually made me quite happy, seeing the large turn out!

The only worry was these two little munchkins... (Notice how Mommy dressed them for their first election!)

Luckily you must be IN LINE by 7:00, not have voted. So we waited and waited...

And finally made it into the polling room!

Jacob was talkative as we entered the voting room, so Daddy had to remind him that, as much as he wanted to get his last word in to the other voters about Barack Obama, no campaigning is allowed where folks are casting ballots!


And WE DID IT! Here are Daddy and the worn out boys afterward.

And then with Mommy, wearing a tight red sweater to show off "Baby S!"

To celebrate (and because it sounded good to "Baby S"), we then headed to CiCi's Pizza where the boys each had a slice of spinach pizza. (Even thought they both had pasta with tomato sauce and cheese, carrots, and blueberry sauce right before we left to go vote!)


It was a bit little chaotic, but, hey, that's just our life!

We look forward to attending (boys allowing) the caucus Tuesday night. Wish us luck on that one!!


THEN last night at 5:30 am, I ended up at the Baylor Grapevine ER. This pregnancy has been more "dramatic" in the last few weeks than my supposed high-risk twin pregnancy! What the heck?!

Without giving "TMI," Baby and I are both FINE, however I still have a catheter in (yes, while I am at home). My flow of urine was completely obstructed, it seems - they think and WE HOPE - from all of the constipation I have been having. Basically, I CANNOT urinate AT ALL without a catheter. That is why I woke up at 3:00 am in excruciating pain - I have to go really, REEEAAALLLY BAD, but can't.

No, I've never heard of such a thing either, but, well, there you have it! Crazy, crazy!

I REALLY looked pregnant when I went into the ER, and after they immediately drained 2 liters of urine, the "baby bump" deflated again.

Not sure why all of this unbelievably crazy stuff keeps happening...

I go back on Monday after the whole "clean out process" this weekend. They'll try to remove the catheter, keep me there a while, and see what happens.

Jon said maybe this little one is in fact a girl, and she is a real Drama Queen!! Whatever the case is, little one needs to STOP IT!!!

3 comments:

Tripletblessed said...

Your so great to take the kids to vote that is awesome! Sorry about the scare if you need a sitter Monday please let me know I can come there or you can bring them here.
I totally agree with Jon she is a little drama queen already that or he is going to be one whinny boy!

JAMIE'S CREW said...

my goodness Amber! Cut that out! That is crazy stuff you are having happen. I don't live too far from you at all - let me know if you need a hand!

Take care!
Jamie

Suzanne said...

holy cow woman! jeeeeeez. i have NEVER heard of that! how are you now? oh, it MUST be a girl! drama queeeeeen! ;) (are yall finding out? i'm sure you have posted whether or not...i am SO far behind on my blog reading!!!) miss ya!