Wednesday, February 20, 2008

OK, OK, I KNOW it's been a while!

So, don't you love the "things have been crazy around here excuse?"

All is really going along well this way. The boys celebrated their first birthday on February 4th. We didn't have a big party for them THIS YEAR, just our immediate family for some dinner and cake. I made the cakes, so they weren't exactly professional, but the boys sure didn't seem to mind a bit! Here are a few pics from the night:


The cakes that Mommy made


Birthday Boy - Jacob


Birthday Boy - Caleb (Always looks like he's up to something!)

The Fam - no, they weren't too big on the hats!

Mommy and Daddy making wishes for the boys

Although we learned that Caleb is going to be a little pyro!

Of course, Jacob loved his cake because, well, Jacob loves all good food...

... And Caleb got a sugar rush, because, well, Caleb gets rushes...


BTW, that's a line from one of my ALL TIME favorite movies!!! Well, not EXACTLY the line...

Anyone recognize it?

"Anyone, anyone..."
(another great line from Faris Bueller, but I digress... I am indeed a movie quoter...)

A bigger hint:
"Billy Bob cried because he is a bit of a crier.
Tweeder drank beer because, well...
Tweeder drinks beer."

OK, it's Varsity Blues...

I'll continue with what you're REALLY here for... pics of my beautiful children!

Caleb loved the cake too, and actually picked it up like a big boy!

Check out poor Abby on the floor, trying to get in on the action

"I'm gonna eat every... last... bite, Momma!"

"Momma wouldn't give us more, so I'm licking the plate clean!"

A classic: Daddy's pooped - Caleb is wired, ready for the party to start!

Jacob and Momma having a little quite time before bed


Baby Seastrunk is still growing well! Our appointment on February 7th (was that the 7th? I think so...) went great. There was really nothing to note. Weight same, blood pressure same, the dopler picked up still one good, strong heart beat. Just rocking along!!

UNTIL... last night when we had a bit of a scare. I started bleeding a bit. This morning it was persisting, so I called the doctor's office first thing at 8:00, and they told me to come in NOW. Well, due to making arrangements for the boys, I couldn't get there until 9:30.

Long story short, I had a sono, saw the amazing Dr. White, and all is FINE. (There is a small bleed that they are watching, but it all looks benign.) The baby still had a great, strong heart beat on the sonogram and is measuring about 13 weeks, 5 days - I am 13 weeks, 5 days today! We got some great pics!

As the sonographer was putting my info in the computer, she noticed that TODAY is my birthday. (Yes, happy birthday to me!) She felt terrible that all this crap happened ON MY BIRTHDAY, so she printed a few for me - including one where the baby profile is saying "Happy Birthday Mom." Awww... (I'll try to get those pics scanned and up SOON!)

The scary thing? I am not suppose to be lifting more than 20 lbs right now; my boys are 24 lbs each and not walking yet. The doctor and I talked about it, and he is confident that, as long as I use good discretion and keep all lifting to an absolute minimum, the baby and I will be fine.

On a lighter note - I could be wrong, as I am just a nurse and not a sonographer - I THINK I am having another boy. I asked the sonographer if she saw "something," but she just grinned and refused to answer, saying "it's still too early to tell anything 100%!" She then asked what my twins were and, when I told her two boys, she just started laughing. She totally knows something and is holding out on me!!

We'll find out FOR SURE on March 21st.

Jon, Caleb, Jacob, Baby, and I ask for your prayers that all continues progressing with the pregnancy as beautifully as it has thus far.

I'll soon try to work on a tummy pic and the sonogram pics.

Anyway, I think I am going to have some of my birthday cake now since it is STILL OFFICIALLY MY DAY!

3 comments:

Tripletblessed said...

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY! I'm so sorry it was rough. I can only imagine how scared you were I hope the bleeding has stopped and things are better. Hugs to you.
Oh the boys birthday pics look so cute. They really do like cake don't they!

Anonymous said...

The boys do look adorable! How cute they are. And I will pray for the new baby and you. I really hope everything goes well and it all settles down so you don't need to worry

Deanna said...

Amber, the boys are so cute. I hope you are doing better. I am praying for you and a healthy pregnancy. I know how scary that can be.

Deanna