Sunday, February 24, 2008

"Baby S"

Proverbs 22:1 -

A good name is more desirable than great riches;
to be esteemed is better than silver or gold.

I think a person's name speaks a lot about them. Unfortunately, each person has absolutely no say in his or her name, so I think one of the biggest gifts parents can give their child(ren) is a good, strong name.

We named our boys Jacob Alan and Caleb Luke, and these names have really seemed to fit them! I couldn't not see our Jacob being a "Caleb," nor could I see our Caleb being named "Jacob." They just work with them, their faces, and their personalities. Funny how that works.

Caleb and Jacob are both Biblical (Old Testament) and just sound like good, strong names. Jacob and Esau were the first twins mentioned in the Bible. Unfortunately, we couldn't get the name "Esau" to grow on us! We also thought Caleb and Joshua would be a good combo since they were the two faithful of the twelve leaders that lead the children of Israel to the Promised Land of Canaan. They were as close as brothers, and both known for their strength, zeal, and obedience to God. BUT… we liked Jacob better than Joshua. We also liked how, with the boys being twins, the names just kind of fit together. (Same number of letters, same number of syllables, both ending in "b.") Alan is my dad's name, and, especially since he didn't have a boy, we thought it'd be nice to honor him that way. Luke is my mom's maiden name. My grandpa Luke had ALL GIRLS, so his name also didn't get passed on either. Thus… Jacob Alan and Caleb Luke!

Well, my friends, the time has come to start thinking about a name for "Baby S."

Jon and I have a few girl and boys names that we like, but welcome any thoughts/suggestions. We would like to keep with the same trend: good, strong, traditional names - ideally Biblical names- that are not difficult to spell or pronounce (come on, with a last name like "Seastrunk," we have to make the first and middles names as simple as possible).

Any thoughts? We welcome ALL ideas and/or comments!

Speaking of the little angel, here are a few pics of the recent progress of Momma and Baby:


Momma at 14 Weeks - Still can't tell much from this picture, but in person you can start tell something's up! (I am still at the stage where people may ask "Is Amber pregnant, or did she just let herself go a little over the holidays... and it ALL went straight to her tummy?")

Here's "Baby S" on my birthday, 02/20/08, during his/her big scare!
(See below post to know about "the scare." Also notice the text - "Happy Birthday Mom!")

As an update, I am still bleeding a little today - Sunday. Pray that it stops SOON so I can rest a little easier. ("Baby S" pulled this on Christmas Eve/Christmas and then also my birthday - it is looking like he/she is going to be quite a little "toot.")

"Baby S" and I from a different view - outside. Ignore the dead looking rose bushes. In a month or two they will be in full bloom with beautiful pink roses - I'll get a prettier shot then!


In this sono pic it is difficult to tell a lot, but she was trying to get a picture of "Baby S"
kicking like crazy. This little guy/girl was quite a show off!


A closer view of the tummy.

The best for last - here is THE BEST sonogram picture of "Baby S" we have gotten thus far!

And a cute one of Jon playing "artsy-fartsy-photographer!"

As with the boys, you know there will be many more cute shots to come as the belly expands more!

And remember, we go March 21st (Good Friday!) so have the "Big Sonogram," so be on the lookout for more baby pictures and the "big announcement." If y'all give us some good suggestions, we may even have a name picked out by then too!

3 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Hey Amber! No more scares!! What about Rebekah for a girl? Ruth is a good biblical name - but [to me] not very little-girl-like!

Good luck on the search!
Take care of you and baby S.

Jamie

Andria said...

Aww, Happy Belated Birthday to both YOU and those precious boys! You did awesome on the cakes! Yum! I hope you have no more of those "scares" and that he/she won't be shy when you get to find out for sure on the gender.

Hang in there!

Amber S. said...

Just FYI - a dear friend without a blogger account, Kimberly, sent me an email. I thought I'd share some of her thoughts (since she had some good ones!)wiht all of you.

Boy:

Micah Joel Seastrunk (Micah means "who is like God" and Joel means "the Lord is God") * You can spell Micah almost any way*

Corban Daniel Seastrunk (Corban means "gift or offering to God" and Daniel means "God is my judge") *Corban can also be spelled differently too*

Gideon David Seastrunk (Gideon means "Mighty Warrior" and David mean "Beloved") ** This one is my favorite**

Jackson Isaiah Seastrunk (Jackson means "Gracious gift from God" and Isaiah means " salvation of God") * I've always liked Jackson because of my favorite movie.. Steel Magnolias! *


Girl:

Michaela Ruth Seastrunk (Michaela means "Like God" and Ruth means "Friend") * You can spell Michaela lots of different ways. This is one that I've always liked and have picked out for my future child... but if you decide you like this one, I'll share :) This is how I would spell it.... Mikaylah Ruth, also Ruth was my granny's name

Rebekah Faith Seastrunk (Rebekah mean "Captivating and Beautiful" and Faith means "Believing in God and accepting His will")

Ella Grace Seastrunk (Ella means "Promise of God" and Grace means "Grace" (duh!) )

Isabella Joy Seastrunk (Isabella means "Promise of God" and Joy means "The Lord is God") * I really like the name Isabella...I would nickname her Bella or Belle*