Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A year ago this week in Seastrunk Family History...

Want to see something crazy?

Here was me a year ago this week...


YIKES! You thought that was bad - now check out the BARE BELLY SHOT!



Oh, SNAP!! I mean, OUCH! That HAD to have hurt, however (fortunately) God has blocked that from my mind, as I do not recall much pain/discomfort. Look back at the above picture: do you notice the lines on my tummy from the sheets/egg crate? Notice they are specifically to my left side - where I was about 20 hours of the day!

You can also see my legs starting to swell and get beet red. This is about the time my blood pressure began to jump...

Let's fast forward about two more weeks...

THIS is why I was so stinkin' HUGE!

Go ahead and say it.... awwwww!! Yes, I know, they were/are cute. ;-)

These are my baby boys in the hospital. Jacob Alan came out at 7 lbs, 12.5 ozs and Caleb Luke came out right behind him at 7 lbs, 2 ozs. If I am doing my math right, that is 14 lbs, 14.5 ozs - almost 15 lbs of JUST baby! Not to mention: two huge, healthy placentas (from what the delivering doc said), lots of blood and other fluid, etc, oh, and the occasional banana split!


Now look at this one. This was me at about 7 weeks. I was excited that I was starting to already "show!"


I look at this silly picture and say to myself, "girlfriend, you didn't even KNOW what showing was yet!!" Jon is in there with me because he agreed that he too could see a very slight "bulge" on my tummy, but that he was "showing" more that me. hehehe

Fun looking back...

5 comments:

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Fun fun fun!!!!!! I ought to do a similar post! I am going through 6-7 boxes of photos we moved to this house nearly 3 years ago and never unpacked! I found a little booklet of photos, and one photo in there is of my belly a week before I delivered. But, silly me left my maternity jeans up so you can't really see the belly as well. Anyway - thanks for a fun post, and the inspiration to maybe created something similar on my blog!

Tripletblessed said...

You are so cute! Love the preggy belly I think its precious almost as precious as those little babies. Can't wait to see that belly this time!

Leah said...

WOW, YOU GO GIRL!!! That is QUITE impressive! (And it looks quite uncomfortable...LOL) I cannot believe how big your boys were... that is awesome, such a blessing! Has their first year just flown by for you? Ours will be 6 months old next week and I'm thinking if the second half of their first year goes by as fast as the first half, they'll be turning one in a couple of weeks! It's crazy!!!

Anyway, I know we haven't "officially" met yet, but it's fun getting to know each other through our blogs and myspace! Hopefully, we'll get to meet in person someday at a McMoms event.

Take care,
Leah :)

Suzanne said...

awesome pics! jeez. your stomach in that last pic looks exactly like mine right now! (HAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAH)
what precious, precious boys!! are you having to lock down for the winter like us?? i'm almost losing my mind!! ;)

JAMIE'S CREW said...

Hi Amber! Checked over at the Seastrunk Family website and saw the book you created! That is way cool! Your family must being buying them up quickly! What a cool idea.