Sunday, March 8, 2009

So far behind...

Well, I realize that I have not been great at blogging lately. Life has still been pretty crazy around here. Nothing earth shattering, really, just day-to-day life kind of stuff. I have been wanting to blog for a while now, but, being so far behind, knew that it would take me a long time to get caught back up, and I just don't have that kind of time right now. I came to the conclusion today, however, that I don't have to get caught up, rather just pick up where we are now. I mean, the twins are doing so many cute things, and I want to document it all here. Sure, I like to share it with all of our readers, but it also helps Jon and I to have record to remember in the future too.

So, anyway, a quick post for tonight:

Jacob and Caleb turned 2 on February 4th!! At their two year check up, Jacob was 34 1/2 inches and 33 pounds, while Caleb was 34 inches and 32.4 pounds. They are running everywhere and into everything. Their speech has really improved a lot too. Caleb talks constantly and is like a parrot, repeating the last word of EVERYTHING he hears! When Jacob does talk, it is more plain, but he just doesn't have a lot to say. When he does say something, it is important so listen up (sounds like his Daddy)!

Gabriel turned 6 months on February 18th, and was 15 pounds 12 ounces and 25 3/4 inches at his check up. He is still little, but otherwise doing awesome. He is the most calm mannered baby I have ever seen (thank God) and has the sweetest spirit. He laughs a lot and loves to play with his big brothers and in his exersaucer. He rolls all over the place and can sit up on his own too - I think we'll have a crawler on our hands before long. :-)

Jon and I are also doing well. We have gotten to go out a couple of times by ourselves, thanks to my parents watching the boys. We always miss the boys when we leave, but it is so nice to eat dinner without having to tend to a major meltdown, dodge food, wipe faces, get them seconds-and thirds-and a cookie before we even finish our main meal, etc.

I just wanted to briefly let you all know that we are doing well. It is after midnight now, and Gabe is still waking me every three hours or so (yes, through the night too), so I need to get some rest! I will TRY to be more diligent about picking up with now and making at least a brief blog more often. We'll see... :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to read you are all doing well! Miss our chats...we'll have to catch up one day...oh my - that would take HOURS!! Ok, maybe we'll have to have a power chat!
Hugs & love to all!
Cindy

Joanne said...

I was wondering what happened to you... glad to see things are going well!