Monday, December 15, 2008

November - A Quick Recap

Blogging has taken a backseat to, well, LIFE here lately. Our world hasn't really slowed down yet, and I am beginning to think that it might not until the boys start school. Or, maybe even 18 years when they go off to college...

Since we are half way through December, however, I thought I would backtrack for a moment and recap November.

We started the month (November 1st) with a playgroup, since "Da-da" was gone hunting for the opening weekend of deer season with his dad, brother, and nephew, Tyler.








November 4th, Election Day, was a beautiful day (on many levels - but I am meaning weather wise), so the boys and I took "Nan" (my mom) to the Southlake Town Square for her first time, including a visit to The Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I sported my Obama '08 shirt, the boys wore their matching "USA" rompers, and I shockingly got several POSITIVE complements in ultra-conservative Texas.







November 8th Jon and I went to the Texas A&M vs. Oklahoma game. We had a blast getting away together for a few hours, but YIKES - not a fun game! ;-) We had lunch at Wings N More (my favorite) before the game, and met Jackie Sherrill afterward.







The weekend of November 15th, Jon went hunting again, and this time was able to replenish our freezer. Since he was alone, he had to hold the camera out to get a picture. ;-)



November 16th, Jon and I had another night out together to see the "Beale Street Blues Boy" himself at the Morton Meyerson - yes, B.B. King! It was AWESOME. I swear, if I live to be 83 years old, I will STILL never be as cool as that man!





Right after that night out, we got the "tummy bug." Haha - "tummy bug" is such a nice, polite way to put what we went through. I mean, I thought we were dying. HOWEVER, it somehow escaped Gabe, THANK YOU GOD! It lasted well over a week, and was a nightmare.

I have no pictures from that time and, trust me, you should be GLAD for that.

On November 22nd, Jon went solo to the TCU vs Air Force game, while I watched the recovering boys.



On November 26th, we were all finally well, so Jon took the day off to take us to the Zoo! It was our first time to go with all three of the boys. We did get a few looks with our mega-stroller in tow, but we just pretended that we didn't see them, and pushed on.



The boys had a great Thanksgiving with their families and managed to make it through the day with relatively no nap. But, they were good. Probably because they knew that if they smiled sweet, they could bribe a grandma into giving them something good to eat!









We did venture out for just a bit on Black Friday, going to Bass Pro Shop to see Santa (I need to scan that picture still) and walk around a bit. I love this picture of "Da-da" and his boys checking out a "Man's Wonderland" of hunting and fishing equipment.



We went to Chick-fil-a after Bass Pro to grab a bite to eat and play.



That Sunday, we went to Jon's Gran's house for a nice visit and great lunch.



On November 29th, we kicked off the Advent Season with our "Lighting the Flame" event at IBC.











And checked out the awesome lights at the Southlake Town Square immediately after.



Which brings us to December...

Somewhere in the midst of all of that, the boys got to try a Krystal's hamburger for the first time.



We had a few friends come and visit, one (Kelley) with a daughter born August 20th (two days after Gabe), who helped us fill our stroller for a walk to Bear Creek Bakery!



Gabe got really good at sitting up in his Bumbo seat...



... and attacking his animals...



... and, well, just getting even cuter (if that is possible)!



We are also keeping up with our MOPS group at Irving Bible Church. PLUS I finished Christmas shopping before December 1st, so all of the gifts are wrapped and under the tree. (Other than the few that I helped Santa get, which are in the garage.) We (I suppose I should say it like it really is - I am...) are making our annual Seastrunk Family Book through Blurb, which is taking LOTS of time (especially since I ran into a big problem midway into the project), but it is a huge hit with the family, so I am pushing through.

I think that is all... but there are A LOT more pictures here:


http://picasaweb.google.com/aggiefrog/November200802#


Perhaps life will slow down so that I can give a better update in the future. (At least I can keep hoping!)

Keep looking out for more updates from us when I get a free moment...

2 comments:

Is it always triple trouble??? said...

wow girl busy month!!!
i also hope u all have a Merry CHRISTmas
stephanie

Brie said...

Girl you go nonstop all the time!! When do you ever have time to blog?? LOL.. Love all the new pictures.. The boys look like they love the outdoors...